Tuesday, August 30, 2011

EDUC 6000

Week 1 - For this class, I am working with the IT staff in  the agency where I work to develop training for our field staff.  For my first assignment, my IT contact (Sonny) wanted me to find detailed instructions for embedding a training video into a powerpoint presentation.  The training video was on using Microsoft Office 2010.  The agency is currently using 3 versions of Microsoft Office with MS 2010 being available on very few computers.   This is creating a challenge for the staff that have these new computers.  I actually found the video that Sonny wanted me to embed on YouTube.  Despite the embed code provided, I still didn't find this to be an easy assignment.  After a couple of hours, I was able to get it to work.  I was really starting to think it had something to do with powerpoint as I had never tried to embed anything in that program.  I researched to find some good instructions for doing this and found detailed instructions that I sent to Sonny in a Word document.  Of course, I tested it to make sure it worked and sent him the test as well.  This was really a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment