Thursday, September 8, 2011

EDUC 6000 - Week 2

This week I've started a project that will take a while to complete.  The agency has obtained a camcorder, and Sonny wants to create a powerpoint that staff can use to learn the basics of using the equipment.  The manual for the camcorder is really pretty good, but it's over 200 pages long and not very well organized.  It's my job to condense this into a powerpoint presentation that includes only the basic operation of the camcorder.  So far, I've went through about 100 pages of the manual, and the powerpoint has 32 slides.  The great thing about this is that I've been using Jing to create the slides so I can include the instructions and illustrations directly from the manual.  I knew the things I've learned in this program would come in handy!  It's time consuming, but I'm really pleased with how it's going.  Sonny says it looks good so far too.  Of course, I'll provide a reference and website address for the manual at the end of the presentation!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad.you learned something you could put to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been able to use several of the progams that we've learned about in my current job. It's kind of nice to be able tell an IT guy about a program he's never heard of before. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like quite an undertaking. I am anxious to see the PPT

    ReplyDelete