Wednesday, September 21, 2011

EDUC 6000 - Week 4

We've had to push back the Microsoft Office Training, because I'm creating an Access Database for one of our directors.  This database will be used to track staff errors.  I've also created a report to send to the district directors that is organized by district, office location, and officer.  I've sent the database to Sonny for review and to get suggestions on making the report more user friendly.  I haven't had a lot of experience with creating databases with Access, but I really like using them.  So far it's not been that difficult, although I've had to ask for help with a few things like creating search commands on the form and setting up the report.   I worked on this for most of the day yesterday and some this morning.  I'm still not quite satisfied with the end product, especially the report, so I'll continue to tweak it.  Hopefully, Sonny will have some suggestions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment