Saturday, October 22, 2011

EDUC 6000 - Week 8

I met with Sonny this week to discuss the powerpoint presentation on Microsoft Office 2010.  He likes the presentation, but he suggested some things be added.  He liked the use of the picture at the beginning of the presentation as a hyperlink, so he wanted make other pictures throughout the presentation changed to hyperlinks to the online help.  I also added shapes to those slides that included instructions on clicking on the picture to go to the website.  He also suggested adding a video to the presentation that compared 2010 to 2007.  I found a video at Microsoft's site that showed a side-by-side comparison, but I had a problem embedding it into the presentation.  For some reason, the embed code provided just wouldn't work.  Since that didn't work, I went to YouTube and found one that I really liked better than the one on Microsoft's site.  It's about 6 minutes long and gives an overview of the differences between Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007 in each of their applications.  I didn't have any problem embedding that video into the presentation using the Old Embed code.  I think that may have been the problem with using the embed code on the other video.  It was like it just wasn't recognized.  Any suggestions on that is appreciated!

Anyway, I think I'm pretty much done with this, so I'm working on my next project which is create something showing the difference between Windows 7 and XP.  I'm also researching the use of pivot tables, pivot charts, and slicers to use in a spreadsheet.  This goes back to a spreadsheet that I worked on in Week 5, and Sonny wants to see if this would work instead of creating an Access database to work with the Excel spreadsheet.  I think that's going to be a challenge!

1 comment:

  1. It aounds like you are having a good experience. Technologists wear many hats.

    ReplyDelete